Is it possible to navigate to the closest grocery store without going into a store? Google Maps is here to help.
1. Open Google Maps on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open Google Maps on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Select the “Grocery Store” option in the menu at the top of your screen, which will display a list of nearby grocery stores to you and allow you to easily select one from there (see screenshot below). You’ll see that we’ve selected Applebee’s as our store of choice for this tutorial, but feel free to pick something else if it suits you better! You can also tap on each individual store from this list and learn more about them before deciding where exactly you want to go shopping today!
2. In the search box at the top, type “grocery store” and press Enter.
In the search box at the top, type “grocery store” and press Enter.
You can also find a grocery store by tapping the search bar and typing “grocery store.”
You can also find a grocery store by searching for a specific grocery store.
3. You’ll see a list of the nearest grocery stores to you.
If you’re looking for a grocery store, you can find the closest one by selecting it from a list. This will give you directions to get there and how long it will take you.
- Select “Find Me A Store” from the top of your screen. This will bring up a list of all nearby grocery stores for easy access.
- You can also search by name or zip code if that’s easier for you!
4. To see that grocery store on the map, tap on it in the list below the search box.
To see that grocery store on the map, tap on it in the list below the search box. You can also click or tap to get directions to that store.
You could also type in your address and see if there are any nearby grocery stores near you!
5. To get directions to that store, tap “Directions.”
To get directions to that store, tap “Directions.”
Once you’ve selected “Directions,” a map should load in the center of your screen. If it isn’t already there, click on it and drag it into place so that all of your location information is visible (this includes both the address and distance from other locations).
Once you’ve chosen where you want to go, simply follow the instructions onscreen as they appear.
6. Choose whether you want to drive, walk, use public transportation or bike there and then click “Go.” Your routing instructions will appear in just a minute.
- Choose whether you want to drive, walk, use public transportation or bike there and then click “Go.” Your routing instructions will appear in just a minute.
If you’re going somewhere close by and know how far it is, just enter your destination address into the search bar at the top of this page. You can also choose from a list of nearby locations by clicking one of our featured stores below (and if they don’t have what you need, we’ve got plenty more!).
7. From there you can follow the directions if you’re driving or walking or check out bus or train schedules to get there if that’s how you’d like to travel.
If you’re driving, the directions will take you right to the store. If you’re walking or taking public transportation, there is a bus stop nearby and a train station as well. You can also look up schedules for both of those options if that’s how you would like to travel.
You can also use this feature to get directions from one point in your area (or multiple points) all the way out of town!
Grocery shopping is so much easier with Google Maps!
Google Maps is a free tool that’s available on Android and iPhone. It’s easy to use, so you can find the closest grocery store in seconds.
It’s also available in many languages, including English, Spanish and French — making it a great way to navigate around town!
Google Maps is a great tool for navigating to the closest grocery store. It’s easy to use and it has lots of features that make your life easier. If you’re looking for other ways to use Google Maps, check out our other articles on this topic: