Videos have taken over the field of digital marketing, specifically social media platforms. Therefore, it would not be incorrect to say that companies can create them. to influence their audience most strategically.
92% of video marketers say it’s essential to their marketing plan. Perhaps they use videos because they are powerful and creative tools.
Reports also suggest that animated videos are the number one type of video marketers create. According to the Content Marketing Institute report, educating audiences used to be difficult.
But now, with tools that can help users add free animated backgrounds to their videos, explaining and educating customers has become more accessible. The problem, however, is that creating animated videos can be intimidating.
Almost every business wants to make animated videos, but not everyone knows how to make them look professional. So, here is a guide that can help you make animated videos without prior experience:
1. Create a great video script
This is quite similar to using a blueprint of a building for its construction.
Having a good script for your animation video is very important. In the role of the scriptwriter, you must decide what will appear in your animated video.
Please write a good video summary to determine the purpose of your animated video, the target audience, and the main message you intend to convey through it. You must be clear about the following before making your video:
- The reason why you are making the animated video.
- Who are the audiences you will serve?
- What do you want to achieve with your animated video?
- What action do you want viewers to take after watching your video?
- What is the main message of your animated video?
Be sure to turn the core message of your video into a short, simple story that will engage your target audience. Your story should have an instant hook that will appear in the video’s first 8-10 seconds. This link will decide whether viewers will stay on the video or jump to another video.
Then make sure the main meat of your video is up to hook height. And the final part is where you need to provide the CTA where it leads them to take some action.
2. Storyboard your video
Storyboarding your animated video is crucial because it gives decision-makers and collaborators an idea of what your final video will look like before you even start making it.
As a beginner, a storyboard will help you change your script and visuals to create animated videos effortlessly.
You can use an online storyboarding tool to create a more comic-strip-like storyboard of your video, arranging the video scene by scene. You never know, but you can even use your storyboard as an animated video later on!
3. Choose the style of your animation video
There are different types of animated videos that you can create. But remember, not every style will suit your business requirements. Each animation video style has its advantages and disadvantages.
If one style looks creative and fun, another can have a serious tone, or it can also be inspiring. The different styles of animated videos are as follows:
- 2D Animation Videos – These are the most commonly used animated videos created by sequencing consecutive images in a gradual progression of steps. This process simulates absolute motion quite similar to the traditional way of animation.
- Whiteboard Animation – These videos are ideally suited for making product explanations. Get them right with a compelling CTA and script, and you’ll get higher conversions and sales. Whiteboard animation videos simulate the effect of objects and characters being created right in front of the viewers on a plain and straightforward whiteboard. They effectively draw the viewers’ attention and remain in their memory for a long time.
- Typographic Animation – These videos combine animated text and motion to express concepts as video animations. The typography animation technique is used to create lyric videos for music tracks.
- Infographic Animation – These videos help turn boring stuff into the most engaging stories. They are eye-catching videos filled with numbers, graphs, animated charts, and other visuals that naturally grab viewers’ attention.
- Handmade animated videos: These are simple but effective videos that explain concepts. They are ideally suited to explaining complicated ideas.
Mix and match these various video styles to make your animation videos attractive.
4. Animate your video
There are different ways to create an animation video. You can choose to do it on your own using an online video maker or opt for the services of a professional. If you are on a limited budget, it is better to opt for online video makers as they are free.
Online video makers also come with templates, a library of media files, and other visual effects and filters to create the best animation videos.
5. Add suitable background music
Including good background music in your video is essential because it will accentuate your video’s effectiveness. When looking for music to add to your animated video, look for royalty-free music so that you can easily include it in your video without going through any trouble.
Also, consider the emotion you want to evoke in viewers when choosing the music for your animated video. Understanding the personality of your target customer is also essential, as different people may have different tastes in music. After selecting some soundtracks, apply them to your animation video individually to find out which one suits your video best.
Here are the steps that can help you make animated videos. Initially, the steps may seem intimidating, but once you get the hang of them, they will become second nature. So newbies, have no fear; Follow this guide correctly and impress your audience with stunning animated videos!